Dissertation Editing Tips: Checking your Grammar
If you are like most of the people out there, then you will probably want to put in as much effort as possible in writing your dissertation paper and you will want to make sure that it turns out absolutely great. One of the things people sometimes forget about is the fact that regardless of the topic on which you have to write your dissertation (be it English language or quantum physics), grammar will be extremely important. Bad grammar takes away your reputation and it makes your readers not trust you at all. After all, if you can’t write well in the language you are using, why would anyone trust anything you say?
Therefore, always make sure that you check your grammar when delivering any kind of academic paper, much so a dissertation paper which is extremely important for your future career. If you want to learn some things about the way in which you should check for your grammar, continue reading.
- Use spell-checking. Most of the word processing software applications out here have some sort of spell-check feature. They will underline anything that is not spelled right and they will give you suggestions on what the correct forms may be. If the word processor you are using does not have spell-check, try to open your document in another software application (on someone else’s computer if you don’t have any other word processing software).
- Be very careful about the way in which you write names and proper nouns, as well as when the uppercase.
- Do not leave too many spaces between the words. One space is enough!
- Check your verb tenses and make sure that everything makes sense logically. Verb tenses are logical and the actions you describe should flow in a logical order.
- Make sure that you understand when to use a comma and when you should use other punctuation marks.
- Pay attention to those very common mistakes, such as the difference between “your” and “you’re” or the difference between “were” and “where” for example
- If you need to, ask someone else to go through your dissertation and tell you if there are any grammar mistakes. There are a lot of people out there that are professional academic paper proofreaders and they will be able to provide you with the editing you need when it comes to your dissertation paper.
High school, college and university papers are hard to write. However, having the time and knowledge to write the essay does not save you from the need to edit and proofread it once you are done with the draft. This resource will help you polish your academic work.
You have finished your academic career years ago and are currently working in business sphere. You still need to write memos, reports, conduct research, build presentations and present speeches for your job. Learn how to edit and proofread your business writing with our help.