Checklist after writing your research paper
Despite what most students think, you’re not actually done your research paper after you finish writing it. There are still more things to do to make it better and get a good grade. if you need help with knowing what to do after you finish the first draft, you’re in the right place. Since you’ve already spent so much time and effort on writing it in the first place, having a plan for editing and other tasks that you need to do afterwards is always a good idea. We have this plan right here for you.
Plan for Post-Writing Checklist
Research papers really do require extensive editing, because in order to make it good enough, you’ll have to reword, cut, and add parts. Every student and writer out there needs to have more than one draft of an essay or paper; don’t feel like you’re not a good writer because you make mistakes. The students that get the best grades do so because they spend the most time and effort on the editing process, after they’ve done the first writing of the research paper.
- The first step is to reread your research paper. You can check this one off when you go through and just read it as if you were reading a published paper online.
- Next, you should run the spelling and grammar check on your computer. Go through each underline that it finds and correct it.
- Print out your research paper. It’s a simple fact that words look different on a screen than on paper. Most students find they can more easily spot mistakes and fix things when they can hold the page in their hands and use a pen to write all over it.
- Once you’ve done that, it’s a good idea to leave your research paper alone for a few days. Forget about it for as long as you can afford to, before reading it through again.
- You also need to get a beta reader – a person who looks through your research paper and gives you their opinion. Having another set of eyes with a different perspective is invaluable to the success of your paper.
- Go through the instructions you received from your teacher one more time to make sure that you have everything included that you’ll be marked on. Many teachers add small details just to see if you can follow instructions.
High school, college and university papers are hard to write. However, having the time and knowledge to write the essay does not save you from the need to edit and proofread it once you are done with the draft. This resource will help you polish your academic work.
You have finished your academic career years ago and are currently working in business sphere. You still need to write memos, reports, conduct research, build presentations and present speeches for your job. Learn how to edit and proofread your business writing with our help.